Monday, October 1, 2012

BFF's Baby Shower


To any male readers, this post is probably going to bore you to death...so I apologize now, if you even keep reading past this sentence. ;)

My bff is preggers.  And can I just say that she is the cutest pregnant lady out there?  I mean, seriously...who wouldn’t want to be this cute while carrying a child?


Anywho...while I was on my staycation a couple weeks ago, I had some serious business to take care of.  My bff’s mom asked me to help out with her upcoming baby shower.  I was in charge of making the favors and creating a diaper cake.  I put together my sister's and my sister-in-law’s showers in the past, so I was so thrilled to be able to help out for another important person in my life.

The main colors were baby blue and navy blue.  So I followed the same approach as I did in the past.  I ordered some adorable, personalized stickers online...then I got busy sticking them to the bottom of some Hershey kisses.  Once they were all done, I assembled some 2” x 2” craft boxes and put some baby blue shredded paper in the bottom.  Each box was filled with 8 kisses and then tied with a pretty bow and thank you tag.




After all sixty something were done, it was time to start the cake.  There is really no science behind how I make a diaper cake.  I pretty much just go to Babies R Us and pick out tons of stuff that fits the color scheme of the shower.  Then I use some ribbon to accent the accessories and play around until I like the look of things.  Finally, I wrap the cardboard bottom of the cake in wrapping paper so it’s prettier than some plain old cardboard.  And voila!  I’m done!


The baby shower was a couple weekends and we couldn’t have had a prettier day for it.  Everything was perfect, and both bff and her mom seemed to be very happy with everything.  Can’t ask for more than that!  :)

18 comments:

  1. Could she be any cuter? Looks like a great shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute details =)
    Um...yes...your friend is adorable. Heels while pregnant?! She is talented too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I know...I said the same thing to her. She swears they are so comfy. What she doesn't realize is that most women's feet are so swollen at that point that heels are a distant memory to them haha.

      Delete
  3. Your friend looks great! I love the favours you put together. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That diaper cake is awesome! The favors rock too.

    And you BFF is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brandi! I agree...she is too cute!

      Delete
  5. Cute! I love throwing showers! They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I have a blast putting things together for special people in my life! :)

      Delete
  6. Love the favours- the stickers are a really cute touch!

    Your diaper cake is pretty awesome too! Going to have to try to make one of those some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! :) Definitely give it a try...you really can't mess it up!

      Delete
  7. Those favors are beyond cute! Where did you get the kraft paper boxes? I am looking for something similar for my favors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Emily! The first time I did the favors I got boxes from Michael's. They weren't the best and sometimes the glue didn't hold on the ends. The second time I made the favors I bought boxes in bulk from Paper Mart online. I knew I'd be doing the favors more than once, so I didn't mind having much more than I needed. They were the perfect size and very sturdy. I definitely recommend them. I got these...in the 2x2 size.

      http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=5479&SubGroupID=5480&ParentGroupID=20396#5480

      Hope that helps! :)

      Delete